IT Graduate Programme
||£31,000 - £34,000
Newton’s IT team provide the technology which runs our business and enables Newton’s consultants to bring value adding change to our clients. As we continue to grow we’re looking for several bright and capable graduates to join our IT team, in permanent, full-time roles based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire. These roles will be available to start anytime from January 2019, so this means that whether you are a recent graduate, or a final year university student, please apply if you want to be part of our team.
We offer you a series of two to four-month placements in different functions, giving you the opportunity to add value and learn skills plus understand how technology adds value in a growing and entrepreneurial business.
You’ll work across all areas of the IT team such as:
- Support and Service Delivery - resolving issues for end users and identifying long term proactive changes to improve our efficiency
- Networking and Operations - maintaining and improving our network infrastructure
- Cybersecurity - keeping Newton safe and secure from the ever-evolving cyber threat
- Project and Product Management - working with end users to understand their needs, define changes and plan for their delivery
- Software Development - building improvements in the business applications which run our business
- Business Intelligence - working with our Digital Solutions team you’ll be on a client site delivering clarity and visibility through data analysis and visualisation
In each area you’ll work alongside a member of our existing teams to understand those roles and gain hands on experience. We’ll help you define projects in each area, so you can build a permanent outcome.
As you work through the programme, you’ll gain an aptitude and inclination towards an area of IT and will progress into a specific role in IT within 18 months.
You’ll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
You’ll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate or equivalent level qualification in a technology or STEM subject where you can show a passion for technology.
- A keen interest in technology and how it adds value to businesses
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything they see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A pleasure to work with and a sense of humour
In order to apply you must also have a minimum of 3Bs at A Level or equivalent.
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities across any part of the business support team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you’ll get support from several sources - from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders.
For the duration of your Graduate Development programme, you will be working in your cohort with a Management Sponsor, who has been assigned to your group to provide guidance and support. The major part of the curriculum is structured around Breakfast Sessions called ‘Food for Thought’ (FFTs) which are coached sessions with exercises, peer support and time for personal reflection. These will be once every 6 weeks. You will also take part in some longer courses including the ‘Impact’ programme and our ‘Induction Training Camp’ both in offsite locations. Beyond the Graduate Programme your development will continue. You’ll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression and receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days’ holiday. Your overall starting package will be £31,000-34,000 per annum plus a £3,000 joining bonus.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year