SQL Database Analyst - Manchester
2nd October 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SQL Database Analyst - Professional Services
The company are a leader in their field and have been well renowned in the northwest. They have been providing numerous products to millions of customers and are currently embarking on an exciting period of change.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the SQL database estate and ensure the business continues to function when issues arise. The successful candidate must ensure that data is efficiently organised and they must have the ability to quickly diagnose escalations from the service desk at an expert level, then resolving them in a safe manner. The role sits within the storage team and the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the business has access to the right data at the right time.
* Identify & implement SQL performance optimisations and monitoring.
* Review SQL backup strategies and restore procedures
* Troubleshoot and deploy SQL Server components
* Manage SSIS jobs & schedules
* Maintain the enterprise Data warehouse solution
* Ensure that backups and DR replication are being completed and tested
* Perform daily system checks
* Provide 24/7 on call support remotely as part of the data team
* Good solid experience managing IT services including the management of incidents & services improvement initiatives
* Demonstrable experience in completing cost saving initiatives around software/hardware/licensing
* God SQL server experience (clustered, high avail, always on)
* Good experience of Enterprise Data Warehousing
* Technical qualifications relating to SQL
* Experience fo Vendor Management
* Experience in network storage and server technologies
* ITIL Qualification