Security Operations Centre Manager
||£58,000 - £72,000
||+ excellent benefits (Grade D)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Over the next 5 years we’re going to grow the Co-op and make the communities we serve great places to live. We’re planning to invest in the businesses we have now, and explore new opportunities to make a difference. The information security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. It’s never been more important for us to protect our business, members and customers, and now we need to recruit a security operations centre manager to help deliver an effective cyber security capability.
In this role you’ll be responsible for ensuring that events are detected by the security operations technologies, and that they are categorised, triaged, investigated and resolved. You’ll lead a team utilising a range of technologies including intrusion detection systems, malware inspection technologies, data loss prevention systems and security information and event management platforms. You will work closely with, and provide guidance to the Incident Manager, who is responsible for the management of incidents.
What you’ll do:
• lead a team of security operations analysts and specialists
• coordinate and deliver the technical response to cyber security incidents
• support InfoSec teams and business units to drive good preparation and compliance with plans, safeguards and policies
• act as a subject matter expert, with up-to-date knowledge on emerging, existing and evolving threats
This role would suit people who have
• security operations centre management experience in a large, complex organisation
• expert knowledge to challenge or validate technology decisions
• experience of setting up and implementing security operations procedures
• experience of managing security threats and forensic investigations
• a CISSP/CISM/CEH/CHFI qualification (or the equivalent experience)
• the ability to build positive relationships, and challenge and influence colleagues at all levels
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 28 days holiday
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.