Information Security Consultant
||£50000 - £62000
||+ amazing benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Co-op is changing. And it’s changing fast. Over the next 5 years we’re going to grow the Co-op and make the communities we serve great places to live. We’re planning to invest in the businesses we have now, and explore new opportunities to make a difference. The information security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. It’s never been more important for us to protect our business, members and customers, and now we need talented information security consultants to join us and help deliver the InfoSec strategy.
In this role you’ll focus on the analysis of business processes and technical environments, identification and management of risk, and help to strengthen internal controls across a variety of projects and existing systems.
What you’ll do
- provide security leadership, advice and guidance to projects across our business
- build positive relationships with key partners in the business, supporting change and promoting information security as a business enabler
- identify, evaluate and resolve security risks affecting new and existing solutions
- contribute to the development of InfoSec strategies, roadmaps, business cases and remediation plans
- review end-to-end solution architectures to ensure resilience and security requirements are met in a pragmatic and cost-effective manner
- scope and manage penetration testing engagements and support our colleagues in the management of risks and the remediation process
- support the supplier selection processes following requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs), using formal due diligence procedures
- work with other information security consultants to share knowledge and experiences
This role would suit people who have
- experience in InfoSec consultancy, or security management (ideally in a regulated environment)
- experience working with enterprise IT organisations
- an in-depth understanding of the ISO27000 series, PCI DSS standards and financial regulations
- strong relationship management skills, with the ability to challenge and influence at all levels
- ideally (but not essential) a recognised security qualification
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies on our website.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date: 14-10-2018