Security Engineering Manager
||£65,000 - £72,000
||plus excellent benefits (Grade D)
The Co-op is changing. And it’s changing fast. Over the next 5 years we’re going to grow the Co-op and make the communities we serve great places to live. We’re planning to invest in the businesses we have now, and explore new opportunities to make a difference. Our dynamic information security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. Now we’re recruiting a talented security engineering manager to join us and help to help drive our InfoSec strategy so we can protect our business, members and customers.
What you’ll do
Working as part of our corporate InfoSec team you’ll be responsible for looking after all of our security systems by applying, updating and tuning our technical policies and signatures
• make sure that security systems, security technologies and technical policies are in place, up to date and fit for purpose
• provide technical support to the security operations manager
• lead and develop a team of specialist who will administer our security technologies
• engage with colleagues across the business, offering technical support where needed
This role would suit people who have
• detailed knowledge of information security technologies intrusion detection systems, data loss prevention and security information & event management.
• experience managing a team
• good communication skills, able to engage with colleagues across all levels of the Co-op
• positive relationship management skills, with the ability to challenge and influence at all levels
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 28 days holiday
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.