Information Security Engineering Specialist (x2)
||£42,000 - £50,000
|| + amazing benefits (Grade D)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Co-op is changing. And it’s changing fast. We’re re-building our business to make it fit for the future, and our information security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. It’s never been more important for us to protect our business, our members and our customers, so we’re investing in people and technology to really develop our information security capabilities. Now we need to recruit a talented InfoSec security engineering specialist to look at how we can improve our security technologies across the Co-op. If you can bring us the unique mixture of technical know-how and amazing people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that really does put people at the heart of its strategy.
As a security engineering specialist at the Co-op, you’ll manage the implementation of new security platforms and tools to make sure our data and systems are continually protected. We’ll look to you to keep up to date with new technologies, analysing and researching the latest industry trends. The next generation of information security is coming - and we need talented people to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
What you’ll do:
• constantly look at how we can improve our existing Defence in Depth Strategy
• provide technical expertise to support with the design, maintenance and implementation of InfoSec technologies
• integrate new processes and procedures where necessary
• use your knowledge and expertise to coach and develop the existing security engineering function
• support other Security Operations teams in the use of the security toolsets and related analysis tools to aid in identification of security incidents
• analyse and research new technologies, putting forward business cases for implementation and management of new technologies
To be successful, you’ll need experience in information security, and the knowledge and expertise to challenge and validate technology decisions. Ideally, you’ll also have some experience of scripting, but this isn’t essential. As long as you can bring excellent communication skills, and you’re confident influencing and building relationships with all kinds of people at different levels, you’ll thrive in this high profile and continually evolving role.
We’d love to speak to you if:
• you have an IT related degree
• you hold SSCP or CISSP equivalent qualifications
• you have experience with IDS, DLP, PAM, PKI, Firewall Assurance, Web proxies, SIEM
• you have around 5 years’ experience in information security
• you have a background in networking technologies
• you’re confident building strong and meaningful relationships with people at all levels
• you have knowledge and experience of scripting languages, this would be a huge advantage
When you join the Co-op you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances.