Front End Developer
||£36000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
· Building a component library to be used as a base for Bytemark applications, and helping other developer be productive using it.
· Reviewing code of other members of the team, both senior and junior
· Participate in building specifications as part of sprint planning within the Scrum framework
· Triage and investigate issues reported on our code bases
Skills we're seeking
· Ability to diagnose application desktop and mobile browser issues and performance bottlenecks
· Familiarity with revision control systems, e.g. git
· Ability to work within a distributed team to deliver results
· Enthusiasm for code quality and testing
· Proactive and organised with excellent time-management, analytical and multi-tasking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
· Approachable, friendly and tactful
· Experience with Node, Babel and Webpack
· Programming Ruby or similar dynamic language (Python, Perl etc...)
What kind of company is Bytemark?
Bytemark is a 34-person strong hosting company founded 15 years ago, with over 2400 customers. Our head office is in the beautiful, historic city of York. Our mission is to provide solid, reliable hosting with a strong focus on the UK market. We have a deep appreciation for the free software movement and as we’ve grown, made sure that our recruitment and management are truly equal-opportunity, provide a flexible 37.5-hour average work week and family-friendly employment policies.
Whilst we have a mix of staff in traditionally "technical" and "non-technical" roles, everyone in the company is encouraged to excel in their field, regardless of their position or workflow. Everyone at Bytemark is valued for the diverse skills and ambitions they bring to the company.
Your line manager will work closely with you and the HR Director to establish your learning needs and ensure that you have the training and resources you need.
We would like you to have a commitment to your own professional development and actively seek learning opportunities. Bytemark will pay for 5 days of conference or training (including expenses) each year to pique your interest and pick up new skills.
This position is based at our friendly, modern York office (YO26 6BL). Working remotely may be possible if you have the right experience.
Employment Terms & Benefits
· Standard holiday allowance: 25 days holiday + UK bank holidays
· Extra holiday allowance: 1 day per full year of employment up to 32 days
· Allowance for home broadband service
· Group Personal Pension Scheme
· Annual health cash plan & private health care
· Enhance Maternity - 16 weeks pay + 8 week 50%
· Enhance Paternity - 2 weeks pay + 2 weeks 50%
· Childcare voucher scheme
· 5 days per year allowance for training purposes
Our policies and benefits enable every staff member to balance both family and work commitments, without sacrificing individual ambition or professional development.
Before you apply
Please understand these points before applying:
· You must already be eligible to work in the UK " unfortunately we cannot sponsor visas for this position.
· We will want to see some record of achievement in web application development or complex website development, though this might be from projects that were personal or not developed as part of your day job.
· We will reference successful candidates by reaching out to nominated references and paying for a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
What are you waiting for?!
There's no "cultural fit" requirement. If you're customer focused and can work well within a team, we'd love to have you on-board!