SQL Database Specialist (SC Cleared)
||£300 - £400
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SQL Database Specialist (SC Cleared), SQL 2014, 2016, 2018, Linux, R, Integration Services, T-SQL, Virtualised, Virtualisation, VB Script, Scripting, Pythin, Ubuntu, Excel, MS, Microsoft, Access, Designer, Developer, Database, Administrator, DBA, Statistician, Economist, Operational Researcher, Social Researcher, Central Government, Public Sector, Security Clearance, DV, Cloud,
Our Central Government client based in London a recruiting for a SQL Database Specialist.
Opportunity to use your SQL database expertise and knowledge on a cloud based analytical platform.
The team is embedded with the Analytical community and serves other external departments, but all users are Analysts (Statisticians, Economists, Operational Researchers and Social Researchers).
1. Using best techniques and technology to load and extract data into cloud-based virtualised MS SQL Server to and from different data sources.
2. Monitoring MS SQL servers so that they are running in the most efficient state.
3. Support others to develop their own SQL capabilities, including T-SQL and maintenance.
4. Ensure data stored in SQL server is held securely and stored efficiently.
5. Develop technology paths so other databases and software packages to access SQL Server
Key Skills / Experience
* Database administration of MS SQL 2014 or later
* Using SQL Server Integration Services
* At least one scripting language, such as VB Script, Python, PHP or a similar language
* Using R
* Working postgressql or another open source SQL database
* Linux OS, such Ubuntu 16 (or later) or anything similar
* Designing web pages
* MS Excel and MS Access 2010 or later
* Designing databases