Who you’ll be working with
Within our Custom Software Development area, we work at an enterprise scale. Our capabilities cover a wide variety of open source and proprietary technologies, with a strong focus on the JVM and CLR. Now, we’re looking for an exceptional Java Developer to join our team of world-class software engineers. Be sure to check out their blog-it’s written by engineers, for engineers: capgemini.github.io
The focus of your role
Within this role, you’ll create solutions for client and server-side software, on some of the most cutting edge digital and cloud-based architectures in development today. At all times, you’ll work to recognised standards and patterns, including agile methodology.
What you’ll do
• You’ll be responsible for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier applications.
• You’ll enhance existing applications to meet changes in need and requirement.
• You’ll provide technical support for the transition of applications into live service and support.
• You’ll ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• You’ll ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented
What you’ll bring
• An agile mind-set and approach, a love of development, and exposure to a range of technologies.
• Excellent knowledge of Java, core open source technologies and frameworks.
• Experience of building scalable, resilient applications and working with technology stacks.
• Deep understanding of the core XP practices of TDD, pair programming, and continuous integration.
• The ability to use agile configuration management to ensure continuous delivery and deployment.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.