Agile Coach (Contract)
28th September 2018
£70000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Agile Coach (Contract)
We are looking for an outstanding Agile Coach to join our People team in our London office on a part-time contract (3 months initially). You will be a crucial part of the team, working increasingly with people across the entire organisation rather than just our software teams.
We are in the midst of an exciting time here at OVO as we pave the way to ensure that our teams are all aligned and equipped to harness technological advances and deliver great consumer propositions - ultimately creating more abundant clean energy for everyone.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
At OVO, we are not afraid of change, it is a crucial part of how we grow and continuously improve. If you love working in a disruptive business and you get fire in your belly when empowering teams to become truly agile, then this role is for you!
What will I be doing?
You will be building something great by...
- Being a true servant leader working across multiple teams and multiple products
- Coaching feature teams in self-organisation and cross-functionality
- Helping the teams to create high-value products and engender trust
- Help the feature teams and Product Managers make the most of the Lean and Agile mindsets
- Supporting the efficient flow of work through teams by helping them remove obstacles and make improvements
- Supporting Lean and Agile thinking as the norm and helping to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Cultivating trust through personal and team relationships with a range of influencers and people across the business
- Encouraging a culture of stop and fix to protect the teams’ reputation for excellence in engineering and operational processes
And finding a way by...
- Facilitating team events when needed
- Raise awareness and educate teams to monitor flow using relevant metrics
- Understanding and teaching teams the value of visual management and big visual boards
- Encouraging a culture of openness and transparency
- Being proactive in coaching others and knowledge sharing within Communities of Practice (COP) and other networks
- Delivering training to groups across the company and facilitating events such as impact mapping and story mapping
- Building training materials to support a blended learning strategy
- Working with teams to help them make progress on their improvement journeys
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- You’ll need to have solid industry experience in coaching teams across products and across lines of business
- Whilst recognised certification from the Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach etc.) are valuable, more value is placed on the diversity of coaching experiences that can be demonstrated or evidenced using different client engagement examples and which include experience at the enterprise level
- Deep knowledge of XP, Kanban and Scrum
- Excellent knowledge & experience of Agile teachings, approaches, behaviours and be capable of helping both teams and the wider organisation to address the dysfunctions that may result from teams and others misinterpreting, ignoring or rejecting Lean and Agile values and principles
- You’ll enjoy being fully autonomous in your role, with a good amount of confidence in developing your own style and areas.
- You’ll have a rich set of facilitation, training and coaching tools and models
- Experience of working with technical teams using Continuous Delivery Practices such as integrating continuously (CI), TDD, ATDD, BDD, Pairing, Mobbing
- Knowledge and experience with complexity and queuing theory, psychology and other related sciences
- Exhibit a deep passion for continuous learning and seek to provide knowledge gained throughout the entire organisation beyond the teams and facilitate classes, workshops and other sharing events such as meetups
- Demonstrate thought leadership through speaking engagements at industry conferences and events
More about us...
We believe in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of Agile Coach (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Agile Coach, Lean Agile Coach, Agile Trainer, Scrum Coach, Scrum Master, Certified Agile Coach or Agile Delivery Coach, Contract Agile Coach, Contract Agile Trainer.