Senior Engineer Browser
26th September 2018
£30000 - £100000
HSBC Bank Plc
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Engineer Browser, IT Operations
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
It employs around 8,500 employees globally and comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and PMO, and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC's technology strategy to support the Group's goals.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Engineer Browser.
In this role, you will:
* Play a key role in the Engineering discipline at first direct, helping define and implement best practices and standards in the cross functional teams.
* Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
* Look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
* Show expertise in the latest technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
* Strong, demonstrable, experience in development of responsive and compliant web pages using React (ES6+), Node.js (Express and NPM) and Redux
* Solid of cross-browser, OS and device development
* A strong team player, with experience of leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
* Experience in native iOS / Android development and API development (Java 8, Spring)
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000B64N.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.