25th September 2018
£45000 - £75000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer's pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We love clean, simple code (and fun times)
We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it. We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent individual who loves to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves in getting our engineers up and running fast - expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.
- You are a skilled and experienced developer with a real passion for back-end or full-stack work
- You employ software engineering best practices in building services to collect, cleanse and use data from disparate sources
- You enjoy contributing to wider FundApps architecture and software decisions
- You care about supporting the growth of the team by sharing knowledge and mentoring others.
- You thrive on getting things done and deployed to users.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment.
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held.
- You have permission to work in the UK - unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship.
What will I be working on?
You will be identifying ways to improve our overall architecture and lead from the front on deliverying on new technical solutions. Focusing on the daily routines and working practices you will be helping delivery on this identified work, slice stories and minimise technical risk as you build these new features.
More broadly, with happy customers on long term contracts we are investing in our platform to prepare for the next phase of our journey. You will be a key contributor to the evolution of the platform to support ambitious plans to grow market share and launch new products.
Our Tech Stack
We use the best tools for the job and you'll have full input into what our stack evolves into. We're currently using:
Front-end: React, Redux, Webpack, Gulp, Jest, Jasmine
Back-end: C#, F# Golang, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
Others: AWS, HAProxy, Atlas, Terraform, Packer, SumoLogic, TeamCity, Octopus, Selenium, Sentry