Mobile App Developer
||First Choice Group
||First Choice Group
Founded in 1999, First Choice Group is the UK’s unrivalled number one spare parts supplier for the commercial catering industry. We work in partnership with all the industry’s leading brands to offer genuine OEM spares and have been appointed the exclusive UK spare partner for many well-known manufacturers in the industry. Our mission and values drive our business which is to exceed customer expectations through unrivalled service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Mobile App Developer to join our IT team. This role will play a key part in aiding our small team of IT professionals to further support the business growth by utilising the latest mobile technologies.
We are looking for a talented Mobile App Developer to work alongside the Head of IT and Development team to design and develop a new mobile shopping application for iOS and Android which will connect to our (in development) Magento eCommerce Platform.
Whilst the priority is to develop a customer focused App, you will also write in-house applications.
As an experienced Mobile App Developer, you won’t need us to tell you what to do, you will have the skills to lead the creative start-up of this new application for our customers.
Duties / areas of responsibility
• Build, write and implement shopping applications for iOS and Android from specific requirements;
• Working with eCommerce Platforms;
• Support the application users with queries relating to functionality of the App;
• Troubleshoot and fix to enhance performance and suggest improvements/solutions;
• Ensure applications are mobile user-friendly;
• Adding improvements and contributing to new innovative features; keeping them refreshed and up to date;
• Ensure the application retains a strong presence to its current market;
• And Research new technology trends for mobile products and applications.
• Strong knowledge of using programming languages for iOS & Android (Java, Swift and React);
• Strong organisational skills;
• Ability to collaborate with others and work well as part of a team;
• Mathematical aptitude;
• Problem solving skills;
• Ability to thrive in an innovative and expanding environment;
• And Experience in Magento API connectivity (But not essential).
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
• New Facilities with state of the art design and technology;
• Investment in training and development;
• Social Activities outside of the workplace which have included: family days out, Christmas parties, bowling, meals out and more;
• Staff recognition VIP awards nominated by employees and supported by the Senior Leadership Team;
• Subsidised canteen serving hot and cold food including early breakfasts;
• Recreation area including pool and foosball tables;
• Discounted gym membership;
• Free eye tests;
• And Free onsite car parking.