Senior Developer (Java Go)
||IXL PremFina Ltd.
Senior Developer (Java Go)
PremFina Ltd is a fast growing, venture capital backed premium finance company that promotes financial inclusion by enabling the payment of insurance premiums via instalments. Based in Mayfair, London, it supplies insurance brokers with funding lines and also enables self-funding by insurance brokers and MGAs via its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) affiliate IXL PremFina Ltd. PremFina’s shareholders include global investors Rakuten Capital, Draper Esprit Plc, Thomvest Ventures, Emery Capital, Rubicon Venture Capital, Talis Capital and the company’s founder.
About the Role
PremFina is looking to hire an experienced developer (Java Go - Full Stack developer; but primarily Back end engineering) to fit into the existing team and bolster the development and testing side of PremFina’s software application along with new digital projects. The role isn’t necessarily about getting an experienced developer with several years of development experiences. It is about candidates who are keen to be innovate, be agile, adapt and have modern technology skillset experiences.
• Java Go (MVC MVVM Architecture Frameworks)
• Sprint boot or equivalent
• Restful API's
• Micro services
• Apache Kafka, event driven programming
• API Gateway
• Containerised Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker
• SaaS / Multi-Tenant Architecture (including database sharding)
• SQL, PL/SQL
• Experience with unit testing, strong appreciation for TDD/BDD
Nice to Have Experience of
• Front end engineering (Angular 2+, Typescript, React.js)
• Apache Camel
• Oracle DB Experiences / DB Admin
• Cloud experience (preferably Azure)
• Open source technologies (including Linux/Unix skills)
• Other Programming Languages (.NET Core, Python, Ruby)
• XML SOAP Web services
• Agile /Pair programming
• Relational and non-relational databases
• XSL, XML, XSD
• JAXB, SAX
• Maven, Ant, Ansible, Terraform
• Oracle (9-12)
• Tomcat (5-8)
• Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Red hat); Unix (Solaris)
• Eclipse/Atom/visual Code
Ideally the successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
• Be Agile - Happy to adapt and change according to changing requirements as expected in a growing start-up organization
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, are essential
• Willingness to serve clients and be empathetic to their needs
• High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy
• Ability to work to deadlines, along with the flexibility to manage changing priorities and the ability to multi-task
• Proven ability to sustain high level of performance under pressure and remain focused
• Ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Experience and passion for finding solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before.
• Feels passionately about quality and takes pride in their work.
• Believes in validation through software and rapid prototyping.
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) and loves to work, learn, and teach others.?Driven and self-reliant, without losing
track of the "big picture”.
• Team-first outlook including building great working relationships with peers across functions
• Support the success and development of others in the team
When applying for this role, please email with your CV and quote "Senior Developer” in the subject line of your email application.