BI Business Analyst
24th September 2018
£42000 - £54000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: BI Business Analyst
Location: Luton Airport
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go.
With over 300 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline. Flying over 80 million passengers a year & employing over 12,000 people - it's big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
With a substantial investment into a Hadoop big data platform and with a large amount of interesting data, this is the chance for you to come and be part of an exciting transformation in the way store, analyse and use data in a fast paced organisation.
To be the key liaison point between the business and IT Data Engineering, gaining understanding of business requirements and priorities in order to manage business expectations. To drive the business moving from high level functional roadmaps, to detailed requirements and user stories. Support the business in building robust processes for managing data in a self-service environment.
* Understand data concepts - ideally in a Big Data environment.
* Methodical, logical and flexible in approach, you will have gained significant experience as a Business Analyst.
* With specific experience of business case support, project initiation, requirement capture, scope and change management, development support, UAT, Project early life support and benefits realisation, you will also have the ability to think laterally about the impact of changes.
* Stakeholder management & ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
* Production of formal requirements documents
* Documenting current and future business processes, data flow diagrams, data models and use cases.
* Documenting using epics, user-stories, narratives, wireframes, product backlog and other Agile style deliverables.
* Managing user acceptance testing
* Prototyping solutions using appropriate tools
* Project planning (identifying who needs to be involved, taking into account the availability of others, dependencies between tasks etc.)
What's the deal?
Our people are at the heart of our success and we think it's important that we share the benefits of our success with them. Competitive salary, travel perks, individually tailored benefits, bonuses linked to both your and the company's performance - you'll enjoy it all here.