Senior Django/Python Engineer
A fast-developing retail e-commerce group seeks an experienced [5+years] Python engineer to join our rapidly expanding development team. We use Agile software practices, Scrum specifically, and our technology stacks have been developed using Micro Services Architecture, Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, RabbitMQ, Celery, AWS and Docker.
What you will be doing:
- Working as an integral member of a Scrum development team
- Contributing to the design, support and maintenance of core systems
- Responding to and resolving production issue reports
- Enforcing code quality through test driven development
- Supporting build quality through use of Agile methodologies and practices
- Analytical skills and proven experience of solving difficult problems in an SOA focused technical architecture
- Experience of full ownership of development projects (stories) through specification to deployment
- Passionate about software development
- Experience in application development
- Experience developing in Python and Django
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/JS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well with both technical and non-technical employees
- Ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
- Experience with SOA, web services and message queues
- Experience as 2nd or 3rd line tech support
- DevOps experience
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
- Good understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, CI, BDD, CD
- Embrace agile software engineering and strive for continuous improvement
- Warehouse / delivery eCommerce experience
- Fulfilment By Amazon API experience
- Working git knowledge
What we’re offering:
- A friendly, professional, relaxed working environment
- An exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking high growth company
- A huge opportunity to work with a great development team using interesting technologies
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays,
- Pension Scheme,
- 5% Annual Bonus Scheme,
- Share Investment plan
- Life Assurance policy 4 x your annual salary
- Cash Health Plan Scheme with Health Shield & their Perks discount scheme
- Staff discount policy for Eyewear purchases (incl. 1 Free prescription pair per year & 50% discount on all other purchases)
- Childcare vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
Who are we?
MyOptique is revolutionising the European optical industry by providing its customers with a superior direct-to-home service proposition.
MyOptique operates three online retail brands - Glasses Direct, Sunglasses Shop, and Eyewearbrands. Together they have served over three million customers and have shipped over 7 million glasses and sunglasses.
MyOptique’s brands share a record of driving innovation to provide the best possible customer experience. Glasses Direct was the first to take prescription eyewear online, and the first to offer customers a completely free home trial service.
The innovation continues - in 2015 Glasses Direct was recognised as delivering the best ecommerce experience in the Retail Week Customer Experience Awards, winning Outstanding Digital Experience for Ditto, its cutting-edge 3D virtual try on service. It also received the accolade of being a Future Fifty company - recognised by the British Government for its growth and innovation in the optical market.
MyOptique joined Essilor in September 2016, one of the world’s leading optical companies. Essilor’s Online Division includes some of the most successful ecommerce brands: Lensway (Nordics), Coastal (North America), Vision Direct (EU) EyeBuyDirect (North America)
Please note - we only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.