Senior .Net Web Developer
||Veterinary Medicines Directorate
||25 days Annual leave + Pension Scheme
||The Veterinary Medicines Directorate
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We want to expand our team of developers to help the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) build and run great digital services to enable pharmaceutical industry and public to interact with us. Candidates must have strong skills in frontend and backend web development and be ready to quickly get to work with business users and industry to identify and resolve user needs and pain points though behaviour driven development.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for working within a team to design, create and improve new and existing products and services.
- Build web applications to serve a variety of industry and citizens’ needs.
- Implement APIs for internal and external use.
- Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
- Ensure that online development work follows GDS guidelines.
- Possibilities to line manage junior/apprentice developer.
This role will be offered as a 2 year Fixed Term Appointment with an option to extend or permanency.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) protects animal health, public health and the environment. We promote animal health and welfare by assuring the safety, quality and efficacy of veterinary medicines. As an executive agency of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) we contribute to their objectives to protect public health and meet high standards of animal welfare. Our work also helps the Food Standards Agency to protect and improve the safety of food people eat.
Around 160 people, a mixture of scientific and administrative staff, work at our offices near Addlestone, Surrey which are 15 - 20 minute walk from local mainline stations.
You must make your application via the Civil Service Jobs website by clicking the APPLY button.
The closing date for applications is 14 October 2018