Senior Business Analyst
||LandsEnd Europe Limited
||LandsEnd Europe Limited
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We have an opportunity for a Business Analyst - Business Information and Forecasting to join our team based in Oakham, Rutland. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
About the role
The Business Analyst is a key member of our European Customer Analytics and Business Information Team, which sits within a wider European Marketing Team based in Oakham, Rutland and Mettlach, Germany.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of business intelligence and forecasting projects including managing other members of the BI & Forecasting team.
What can we offer you?
- Annual Bonus (dependent upon company performance)
- 22 days holiday + 8 Public holidays (rising a day per holiday year served to 25 days + 8 public holidays)
- 40% staff discount on catalogue/website products (currently 50% as an added incentive)
- 30% discount in our outlet store
- Cash based Health Insurance Plan after 3 months service
- Company sick pay scheme (short & long term)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Free access to a local gym and pool (just 5 minutes from Lands’ End)
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Staff store with items much reduced
Responsibilities of our Business Analyst:
- Managing demand forecasting on a periodic basis
- Providing root cause analysis of sales performance
- Providing daily read of projected sales
- Predictive modelling based on proposed marketing activity
- Working closely with merchandising teams to align demand forecasting with planned product purchases including ecommerce visitor/view requirements
- Providing analysis of pricing and promotions impact on monthly basis
- Build and deliver BI & Forecasting work plans to lead the delivery and execution of the work to drive customer retention, loyalty, and further sales growth
- Monitor and message internal expectations on key business metrics such as delivery of service, stakeholder satisfaction, and system performance
- Influence and enable communication channels between the various teams involved in BI and forecasting delivery
- As required, offer first line BI and forecasting expertise support for colleagues, creating and owning forecasting methodologies
Our Business Analyst will have the following skills & experience:
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience within a forecasting, business insights role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Finance or numerate subject e.g. Stats, Math’s, Physics, Economics, Finance etc.
- Good relative experience of working with statistical and data mining software
- Advanced Excel skills, confident in the use of Look-Ups, Macro and VBA
- A strong team player with the ability to build relationships with the team and business partners
- The ability to identify and articulate opportunities for business development
- Enthusiastic with the ability to engage others to deliver work to a very high standard
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Experience of working within a retail and/or direct marketing business (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a small team (Desirable)
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Business Analyst.
No agencies please. You must be eligible to work in the UK.