A well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Clerk of Works, in an electrical specialism, to work on a high profile and prestigious project based in the Midlands. Whilst mainly working from their depot in Worcester, you will also be required to travel to sites related to the project in Birmingham. This is fast-paced, high-value project that will potentially run for 5 years or more.
As a national business, they pride themselves on their first-class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. As a Clerk of Works, your daily duties will include:
To be a successful Clerk of Works, you will have:
- Assisting with managing and administering the work in accordance with the contract.
- Ensuring work is carried out to the client's standards, specification, correct materials, workmanship and schedule.
- Assisting with the recording of work being carried out.
- Becoming familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting work.
- Performing visual inspections.
- Taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
- Experience in working for a DNO.
- A wide understanding of the electrical engineering industry including knowledge of materials, trades, and methods.
- To be familiar with legal requirements.
- A working knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- A full driving licence.
This is an on-going temporary contract. Your working hours will be 08:00 - 16:00.
In return, a Clerk of Works will receive a salary of £33,945 - £42,852 per annum, up to 26 days holiday and free onsite parking.
To apply for this role as Clerk of Works, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.