One of the most energy efficient operators in the UK oilseed sector, producing sustainable, high quality animal feed and food grade vegetable oil is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its rapidly expanding team at its £45m state-of-the art plant south of Stratford-upon Avon.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the position will be directly responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of the CHP (Combined Heat and Power) Plant and the Crushing and Refining Plant at the facility. The position is seen as being a multi-skilled technician role, ideally with a bias towards electrical, instrumentation and control but also undertaking mechanical work.
As a Maintenance Technician, your main duties will be:
- Daily predictive and preventative work during normal plant operations.
- Recording and reporting of plant monitoring data as required.
- Scheduled / planned activities in support of the management system.
- Assisting process technicians in the event of plant failure.
- Actively contributing to the environmental, health, safety and food safety of the general site operations.
- Breakdown maintenance on a 24 / 7 basis, shared responsibility through an on-call / call out rota system.
- A scope of activities covering electrical, instrumentation, control and mechanical systems.
To be a successful Maintenance Technician you will have:
- Previous experience in a processing and / or manufacturing environment, primary skills being in either electrical or mechanical engineering but with significant secondary skills in the other discipline.
- Formal engineering education from City and Guilds, Higher National Certificate level and above.
- Experience in modern practices to include CMMS and Preventative Best Practices.
- Knowledge of typical SCADA, Operator Interface control systems, and PLC based plant operations.
- "Safe by Nature” and demonstrated low / free accident work history.
- Good communication, English language skills and good understanding as a minimum.
- Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high-level work areas, due to the nature of the role.
- Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
Working a standard 40-hour week with an on-call / call-out system for out of hours plant issues and periodic overtime to cover operational requirements.
In return, you will receive a salary of £35,000 per annum with an excellent benefits package including a company pension, medical insurance and critical illness.