A well-established electrical distribution network operator with over 7 million customers throughout the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Protection Officer to work on a major and prestigious project based in the Midlands. Whilst mainly working from their depot in Worcester, you will also be required to travel to sites related to the project in Birmingham. This is fast-paced, high-value project that will potentially run for 5 years or more.
As a national business, they pride themselves on their first-class reputation for network reliability and business efficiency, receiving the Government’s Charter Mark scheme accolade every year. As a Plant Protection Officer, your daily duties will include:
To be a successful Plant Protection Officer, you will have the following skills and experiences:
- Checking against plans and looking at drawings.
- Checking for clearances, heights, depths and danger.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety legislation is met at all times.
- An HV SAP i.e. have Senior Authorised status or equivalent, or at least be an HV Appointed Person or equivalent.
- HV experience in an industrial or outdoor environment e.g. plant / cabling / OHL.
- Experience working for a DNO.
- Experience of working on substations, live lines and switching at 11kV or higher is preferable.
- Familiarity with HV safety procedures and knowledge of documentation (Limitation of Access / Permit to Work).
- Experience of identification, inspection, testing and Maintenance of LV and HV cables.
This is an on-going temporary contract. Your working hours will be 08:00 - 16:00.
In return, a Plant Protection Officer will receive a salary of £33,945 - £49,138 per annum, up to 26 days holiday and free onsite parking.
To apply for this role as Protection Officer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.