An award-winning executive cruise, travel and tourism agency are seeking a Cruise Travel Consultant to join its rapidly expanding team, to grow the business whilst continuing to provide exceptional levels of service. This role can either be based from the office in Birmingham or home-based anywhere else in the UK, so would suit any proactive salesperson with previous experience in the industry looking for long term career progression.
The role includes benefits and an uncapped bonus scheme, contributory pension scheme, 1 day of holiday extra for every full year completed, access to all cruise line bonus schemes e.g. MyClub Royal, celebrity rewards, NCL Moneycard, Carnival Rocks, P&O Shine, educational opportunities and ship visits, PerkBox incentives and net rates for employees own holidays (plus family and friends’ discounts).
As a Travel Consultant your duties will include:
- Taking incoming and make outgoing calls to interested customers.
- Hitting and exceeding sales targets and selling holidays, trips and excursions.
- Offering excellent customer service at all times.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Tailor making or repackaging itineraries.
- Complying with current industry regulations e.g. GDPR.
- Keeping up to date with product knowledge, industry changes, in house training and industry trends.
To be a successful Travel Consultant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be an exceptional communicator with a good telephone manner.
- Ideally a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ideally have proven success in the cruise and / or tourism industry.
- Be customer focussed and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise under pressure.
- Be client focused with the ability to quickly create and maintain positive working relationships.
- Have a good level of written, verbal, numeracy and general computer skills.
- Have ambition and a passion to succeed and progress their career.
- Be a team player and a kind, nurturing individual.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and aconfident, creative, positive, pro-active and ‘can do’ attitude.
The Travel Consultant will be working on a 4-week rota basis with full and part time hours available.
In return, the Consultant will receive a salary of £16,000 per annum with OTE up to £30,000, including a generous uncapped bonus scheme, benefits, full training and career progression.