RAD Developer - Python
As a RAD Developer in London you will develop and build the new generation Index Research and Development system. The system will store and analyse large volumes of data to be used by the Risk, Finance, and Treasury business unit. You will primarily use Python but will also manage data using VBA, an in-house functional programming language (FMD), and occasions to use C# and C++. You’ll work in an agile collaborative team and work closely with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients.
If you have strong Python, C#, and/or C++ experience; knowledge of data structures and algorithms; and the ambition to have a greater impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you. Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
• Lead the development of Index Research and Development solutions for the EFS desk
• The successful candidate needs to manage team relationship with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients
• Provide tactical solutions on business requests
• Integrate RAD solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
• Be technically proficient - knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required.
• Be proficient in one or more of C++, C#, Python, with Python being a preference
• If not proficient then at least some experience in development in Python
• Be comfortable facing off directly to the business.
• Knowledge of Equity derivatives.
• Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives.
• Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#).
• Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL).
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.