Python/AWS Developer - Data Science
As a Python/AWS Developer in London you will develop and build the Front-end layer to distribute and integrate analytics across various trading systems, Quant platforms and Desktop. You will work closely with the Quants and Sales to design and deliver the framework so it helps the business for Client Consultancy and trade execution transparency. You will also work on building the hosting the services on the Cloud, supporting our overall initiative to improve analytics of real-time data.
This role is part of our Commercial Growth Initiative, helping drive innovation across technology within our Investment Bank. We are looking for ambitious developers who want to use their creativity to have impact on a huge scale. If you have good Python and AWS experience, the ability to learn new languages and new applications for your code, and the ambition to support a global business on large scale impactful change then Barclays is the place for you: Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
• The python toolkit for the business to generate and recalibrate models
• Onboard the python applications to the Cloud environment
• Build and develop the web Applications using python frameworks and to generate and distribute analytics across trading platforms, quant systems and desktops.
• Build the Analytics and Reporting framework for the Sales/Quants to deliver the analytics to the clients
• Lead the technology projects, working closely with the Quantitative Analytics and Trading teams, to build analytical tools.
• 4-year Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering degree
• Expertise working with Python (Conda framework)
• Experience working with: Flask/Django web frameworks; Cloud environment; security and confidentiality requirements for the data
• Good understanding of the HTTP methods, RESTful architecture
• Hands on working on core competencies, latest frameworks, End to end delivery experience
• Experience using Amazon AWS Cloud, Java, HTML5
• Detail oriented and proven ability to understand business requirements and transform into fully functional technical solution
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.