C++/SQL Developer - FAR Streaming Pricing
As a Fabric, Analytics and Reporting (FAR) Streaming Pricing Developer you will help consolidate and streamline the generation and visualisation of Risk within our Investment Bank onto strategic cross-asset platforms. The Streaming Pricing Function is responsible for developing and supporting real-time pricing, risk, and P&L applications. The FAR function is a cross-asset technology group, comprised of over 1,800 people in 15 countries. FAR’s current focus is the migration of systems to improve functionality and usability - it’s a complex change run on a multi-year programme.
If you can adapt to a number of languages and technologies (mainly C++, T-SQL, Solace, Python, and Powershell), have the ambition to learn new applications for your code, and want to have a greater impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you. Because we’re always developing - you should be too.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
They work closely with Trading, Sales, Middle Office and Quant teams. The team is global, with developers based in London, New York and Singapore.
You will be expected to take ownership of the full development lifecycle - development, testing, deployment and 3rd level support
• Design and develop code to meet requirements.
• Key focus on scripting languages to assist with automation
• Use well designed tests to exercise all new behaviour and check regression risk.
• Make use of the latest toolsets to streamline the release and testing process.
• Understanding of TeamCity, Bit Bucket, Jira and Agile development practices.
• Actively participate in discussions with our business users, and research products and pricing methodologies.
• Real-time pricing & risk application development experience in fixed income markets.
• Confident working with C++, T-SQL, Git and scripting languages (e.g. Python or Powershell)
• Good understanding of fixed income products (bonds, futures, swaps), yield curve construction, pricing, P&L and risk metrics
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communications
• Ability to prioritise work in a rapidly changing environment and deliver to tight deadlines
• Experience with network messaging systems, e.g. TIBCO SmartSockets and Solace, is also a plus
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.