Executive Director of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
||The University of Southampton
||Competitive Salary plus strong Pension
||University of Southampton
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an exciting, mission-critical strategic IT leadership role owning the future of IT at the University of Southampton. Increasingly sophisticated demand for IT from our world-leading research community and a tech-savvy student population means that ICT Services at Southampton must constantly evolve and improve.
A senior member of the University leadership team, our new Executive Director of ICT will set the forward-thinking digital strategy to help the University to compete on the world stage. The Director of ICT will then progressively lead our ICT team (iSolutions), helping us through the transformation whilst delivering outstanding ‘business as usual’ IT services and working towards ‘best-in-class’ future IT provision.
With over 24,000 students and 5,000 staff located across seven campuses, Southampton is a global top 100 university and among the UK’s top 20. The University of Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research intensive UK universities and has a number of high profile industry partnerships .The University has an acknowledged international reputation for excellence in research, enterprise and education.
- Develop, progress and deliver an innovative and transformative Digital strategy, aligned to the University’s vision, which will deliver a game-changing leap forward and a seamless technology customer experience for our students and staff.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the ISolutions team. Build on a strong service culture and shape the future state for the IT team at Southampton. Mould iSolutions in to a sector leading enabling function which acts as strategic partners to the University and can add genuine value and competitive advantage.
- Operate as a senior leader across the University and externally both across the sector and with commercial partners. Foster positive, peer-to peer relationships with key professional services, academic and industry stakeholders. Stimulate, shape and manage the demand for innovative, contemporary IT Service provision.
- A strategic thinker, with significant exposure to complex, large-scale, information intensive customer led sectors. You will have the ability to understand the needs of a truly diverse organisation and demonstrable experience of setting digital strategies and transforming high performing IT functions to meet them.
- Politically savvy, engaging and an outstanding communicator, you will have the ability to proactively build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders across the University, the sector and in the wider industry.
- An excellent people leader, you will have the proven ability to enthuse and galvanise large IT teams. You will have demonstrable experience re-shaping and transforming teams and introducing the adoption of new approaches to technology and working practices.
To hear more about this exciting post, apply via our search consultants; Berwick Partners by clicking the APPLY button: