Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Security Architect to join the team based in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits - this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation as the world’s most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits to our Security Architect:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week with flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and professional Security Architect to join our growing Security function within the Engineering group, providing security architecture direction into IT Security strategy, policies, principles, reference models and standards across all architectural domains.
You will be responsible for providing strategic direction around the definition and maintenance of security-related business-aligned technology roadmap to meet the needs and ambitions of the organisation, whilst also ensuring compliance with Corporate Information Security policies.
Your role will include providing expert advice to architecture and development teams, ensuring solutions comply with relevant policies, reference models, regulations and best practices to mature the organisations security posture. You will be working with multiple projects to ensure security is embedded in the project life cycle, defining the security requirements to be delivered and identifying risks.
Additionally, you will conduct cyber-security risk assessment activities, analysing the results and producing recommendations to address and mitigate risks. You will support our Security Architect function in providing strategic direction around the definition and maintenance of security-related business-aligned technology roadmap.
Skills and experience required to be our Security Architect:
- Clear understanding of IT Security Strategies and Enterprise Level Security Architectures
- Good knowledge and experience of Security Architecture in complex IT environments (analysing data, cyber-security architecture).
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of information risk concepts and principles
- Experience of deploying applications and infrastructure into public cloud services, such as Azure, AWS and Oracle, as well as Windows and Linux platforms
- Proven experience in Information Security areas, Identity and Access Management, Web Application Firewalls, Advance Malware detection/mitigation, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, Industry security hardening techniques, Monitoring, and Incident Response
- Excellent familiarity with industry compliance and security standards such as Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, cloud security, 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Able to perform threat modelling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for new technologies
- Relevant or equivalent qualifications such as Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SCCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), etc
- Understanding of architecture methodologies, e.g. TOGAF, SABSA
- A minimum of two years in a Security Architect role or five years’ experience working in an Architectural role
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our Security Architect.
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd October 2018