Software Engineering Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Engineering Manager
Bring your energy to OVO
OVO is the UK’s leading independent energy technology company and supplier - we serve nearly one million customers with intelligent energy services.
Today OVO is no longer simply an energy retail business: it is a group of innovative, dynamic companies, all striving to harness technological advances with great customer propositions to create more abundant clean energy for everyone.
We’d like to hear from you if you are...
From a software engineering background with experience in developing engineering teams who have a good amount of autonomy in their technical decision making.
An agile enthusiast! You’ll need to have proven experience in helping teams to constantly improve and refine their agile working practices.
A fantastic people person, who motivates and supports team members to perform at their best. You’ll take an active part in creating a happy and productive working environment.
Passionate about the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members.
Experienced in recruiting high calibre engineers to join OVO Technology.
Why work at OVO?
We work in highly agile environments with continuous releases; our Engineers are responsible for not only development but also for testing (unit and integration), automating tests and managing infrastructure & environments.
We give our cross-functional teams the freedom and trust to find and experiment with the best tools for the job, so that problems are solved in the most optimal way. Our Engineers are building and scaling distributed systems; Our microservice platforms are written in the languages that each product team deems most suitable and are connected with event streams using Kafka.
We also have an impressive Technology community:
- We have "Backend Communities of Practice" in place
- Open Source Friday
- Tech Time and Tech Friday’s: ‘lightning’ talks on interesting tech topics
- We promote collaboration and knowledge transferring via Slack channels and internal meet-ups. When we share learning from our mistakes it gives us much more time to work on the cool stuff
- We attend a number of tech conferences (and sponsor a bunch of them too)
A handful of our benefits...
- We give you an additional 4% of your salary to buy benefits that suit you; we offer tech for your home, health care, ISA investment, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, taste & culture cards, additional holiday & more
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days' holiday & day off on your birthday
- Free breakfast every day & discounted Friska
- Lots of social events
- The opportunity to get involved in teaching kids to code
- Training budget - this includes joining our up/cross-skilling OVO Bootcamp or videos, books & courses from O’REILLY Safari online
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
- You’d be working for an accredited Top Employer
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of Software Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Software Engineering Manager, Software Development Team Lead, Software Development Team Leader, Lead Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Agile Developer, Senior Developer.