Graduate Web Developer Trainer
18th October 2018
£28000 - £30000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Have you ever wanted a career in technology? Considered training other people? QA are looking for digitally curious individuals to join our Trainer team. QA will help you realise your potential and invest in you as part of a structured programme of learning and mentorship.
You will become a Web Developer Trainer following an extensive 12 to 16 weeks programme in our Manchester based Training Academy.
You will have a passion for the web and some evidence of these skills as well tutoring or coaching experience. In return QA will outfit you with a set of technical, research and teaching skills in your new career.
You will have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - be able to form a rapport quickly with people and make them feel comfortable; ability to break down complex scenarios into simpler chunks and explain them
- A Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in a STEM related subject)
- Be geographically flexible - the role is London based with UK wide travelling
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning - both for themselves and in others
- Adaptive - be able to think on your feet when things go wrong or when removed from your comfort zone
- Reflective - Be empirical in your practice and analyze how to improve your delivery/materials
- Be numerate and literate to a high level
- An appreciation of how the web works
- Skills in HTML/CSS
- An understanding of databases - either relational or no SQL
An understanding of what UI/UX are
Nice to Have:
- Experience of creating responsive, interactive web sites and applications
- Experience in one of more UI library/frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- Experience in server-side programming (Java, C#, PHP, etc)
- Experience in databases for the web (SQL, Mongo, IndexedDB, etc)
- Experience in cloud platforms such as Amazon or Azure.
Selection Process: following an initial telephone screening you will complete an aptitude test (online) and attend an assessment day.
If you were successful, you will join our Manchester based Training Academy for a 12 weeks subject based course. Following the successful completion of the course you will get additional training skills coaching and training that will take up to four weeks and could be based anywhere in the UK.
Our Company: QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK, developing skills and capabilities for everyone from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London, but with a nationwide network of state-of-the-art training centres, QA Group is comprised of four fast-growing divisions- QA Learning, QA Apprenticeships, QA Consulting and QA Higher Education- all of which deliver innovative and cutting edge skills solutions to UK organisations.
Our benefits and values:
Learning is not just a service we provide, it’s a way of life at QA, so everyone is eligible for 3 Training Days every year, to focus on subjects they’re interested in.
We offer 2 paid Charity Days each year to support your chosen charity in whatever way you choose AND if you get involved in charity fundraising, QA will also double any sponsorship money raised, up to £250.
Recharge your batteries and enjoy some down time, so we provide a fairly generous 25 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after 3 years) - with the option to buy more if you wish.
It’s important, too, to plan for the future and our later years, so we offer a defined contribution pension plan and will match your contributions up to a maximum of 3% of your basic salary.
Giving peace of mind we provide by Life Assurance (4x your basic salary) and Permanent Health Insurance (after a qualifying period) in the event that ill health, or worse, disrupts our plans.
And finally, a few fringe benefits to assist with travel and lifestyle choices: Season ticket loan, Discounted gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package with company benefits and development opportunities to enable you to reach your full potential.