Front End Developer
Front End Developer
London - Notting Hill Gate
Tell me about OVO…
Love programming? Want to build great software, using leading edge technologies, with smart, passionate people?
The energy industry is changing, and technology is at the forefront of innovations that will transform it forever.
At OVO, technology and digital products are at the heart of our customer experience and they are key to our commercial success.
We were the first energy company to offer our Pay As You Go customers the opportunity to top up using their phone, the first company to offer real time electricity and gas usage data, and the first to release an apple watch App. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for our ability to develop software to shatter the status quo.
But we’re just getting started.
We need to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably. Over the last few years, we’ve built a highly skilled team of software engineers that are making a real impact to our business, and shaking up our industry.
We care about code quality, test automation and continuous delivery. Our developers drive our technology choices and own the software they create from their laptop all the way through to production. We’re building a better energy company, and we’re doing it one Git commit at a time.
What will your day look like?
You’ll turn up in the morning, grab a coffee and have a chat with some of your team mates
You’ll do your daily stand up and be super clear on what you’re doing that day
You’ll grab a partner and do some pair programming in the morning
When you’ve had enough of each other you’ll test your skills at Rocket League or FIFA
Try to not forget to order your free lunch on Friday
You’ll get back to pairing and finish off that small feature
You’ll grab lunch with your team mates and talk about the latest and greatest tech
You might have a tribe meeting with all the other front end people from other teams to share ideas
You’re about to get back to coding, but realise you should really have a whiteboard session first
You’ll be thinking about how you can implement some of those great ideas from the tribe
You’ll get back to coding
Time for tea?
More coding, chatting, Rocket League
Desired skills & experience:
- CSS3 & CSS preprocessors (Less or Sass)
- AngularJS (commercial exposure required)
- TDD / BDD
- Positive attitude & a collaborative approach to development
- Bonus points for:
- XP Experience
- Having worked in a continuous delivery environment
What’s in it for me?
- Work with smart, passionate people using leading-edge technology
- A collaborative environment where you’ll have full opportunity to make your ideas heard, and make a real difference to our technology choices and the products we build
- Open plan Notting Hill based office
- Free breakfast every day, plus lunch on Fridays
- PlayStation 4, XBOX One, retro video games and a full sized table tennis table
- Flexible working hours + work from home one day per week
- Regular socials
- 25 days’ holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday)
To apply for the role of Front End Developer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional keywords: Front End Developer, Software Developer, Front End Software Developer, Web Developer, Website Developer, App Developer, Application Developer, Application Software Developer, Programmer.