Senior Manager - Robotics, Automation, AI Operations
||Lloyds Banking Group
||11th September 2018
||£54600 - £86200
||Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the UK's largest Retail, Digital and Commercial bank our Group has a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper whilst putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
One key area of focus of this investment is building our Engineering functions - in which automation will play a central role.
Using the newest technologies and working processes we're:
- Removing the mundane and repetitive tasks colleagues undertake and replacing these with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Using a variety of the latest scripting languages, tools and cloud services to help the business automate process, provisioning, builds, application installs and anything else we can innovate around
- Looking to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into anything we automate.
So we’re building a talented Robotics, Intelligent Automation and AI team - enabling colleagues to reinvest their time into more meaningful work for our business and customers.
Together we’ll make it possible…
Join this niche team of business specialists and you’ll have a key role safeguarding, supporting and simplifying the delivery of bots, AI and Automation initiatives for an amazingly diverse variety of business areas.
You’ll never be short of new challenges, new processes and new people to engage with and influence as you implement a broad range of automation technologies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll lead, motive and inspire a team of like-minded specialists to deliver real business value
- You’ll engage business and technical areas to find automated solutions for their complex and manual processes
- You’d develop code to ensure both build quality and pace of deployment corresponds to business aspirations.
- You’d be the go-to Technical area where automation, bots and AI requirements are identified or need improving
- You’d get a massive opportunity to collaborate and build communities of colleagues involved in AI, Machine learning, RPA and other technologies - connecting shared interests and solving shared problems
- You’ll also get exposure beyond you team to understand how the other areas in the back use technologies - inc Chatbots, Intelligent Optimal Character Recognition (OCR), Machine Learning, biometrics and more…
To do this you’ll focus on:
- Organising your team into squads to deliver and implement Automation, using Agile methodologies such as sprints
- Offering guidance on the RPA approach and automation including AI for major £MM projects
- Driving consistent implementation for automation methodology and adoption.
- Define Design Standards, Methodology and Tools.
- Collaborate with Engineering Directors and Senior Managers to input into the technical training approach and content.
- Act as a gatekeeper and checkpoint prior to production deployment and perform regular quality control reviews.
- Support incident resolution for live systems using bots and automation through the identification of coding deficiencies
- Nurturing your team’s talent to enable their career progression
You’d travel to visit our diverse team and business areas which are based across the UK and you may also get opportunities to travel internationally.
You’ll need to be self-motivated, analytical, confident - communicating adeptly at all levels across a huge business and influencing appropriately as you coach, inform and consult in the RPA and Automation space.
You’ll possess a number of years’ experience in Automation under your belt, coupled with a background of getting the very best out of the teams you’ve led.
And we’d also expect to see a good level of robotics experience gained in a large-scale organisation, end-to-end process assessment (removal of waste) and automation design planning.
Wider skills in the following technologies would be useful:
- SQL (or other data extraction/manipulation coding)
- VBA (Microsoft products)
So what can we offer you in return?
- You're going to be stretched and get the opportunity to use your creativity and curiosity to bring about some amazing RPA solutions at scale to this huge organisation.
- You're also going to get some horizon-expanding exposure to a host of wider technologies and processes to automate.
- You'll enjoy an energising and intellectually challenging environment where you’ll see our real passion for innovation and robotics.
We also want to ensure our colleagues get genuine career opportunities as well as represent the communities we serve...believing strongly in diversity and equal opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes a 20% performance related bonus, generous pension, £4k car/allowance, 30 days holiday and so much more…
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time in our RPA future appeals and you have the background we’re seeking then we’d love to hear from you...
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date: 28th September 2018