Senior Business Analyst (12 Month FTC)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
First Utility Group is a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, the company launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years it has also helped customers waste less energy through the use of innovative technology that gives insight into individual usage and greater control.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Customer Service Platform Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The Customer Service Platforms (CSP) department is responsible for a wide range of customer facing and back office applications that are essential to the delivery of excellent customer service.
We are an energetic, innovative and multi-skilled agile group split into four development teams working across a range of platforms including: Zendesk (our chosen CRM), Harmony (a series of next generation Zendesk apps) and AskFirst (our innovative and highly successful virtual agent).
We enjoy a close working relationship with our customer service colleagues and take a collaborative and data driven approach to everything we do. Every problem encountered is considered an opportunity for innovation and good ideas are promoted quickly.
As a Senior Business Analyst on the Harmony development team you will play a critical role in the development of innovative technical solutions to the very practical business problems and opportunities we will face on our journey towards best in class customer service.
The role day to day
- Establish effective working relationships with our internal stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of business priorities and to support the delivery of business value
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively gather requirements and achieve a joint understanding of needs
- Establish functional and non-functional requirements and document them appropriately
- Facilitate the prioritisation and management of the development teams product backlog
- Analyse data to recommend system/service improvements and make informed decisions
- Work as part of a self-organising scrum team and support the team in delivery
- Encourage agile behaviours and promote the concept of a minimum viable product
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst with a solid understanding of Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience of working within a fast paced software environment with a clear focus on customer experience
- Proficient in stakeholder management, able to be sensitive to the needs of each stakeholder yet comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- Proficient in writing user stories to articulate the business needs in a format that is easily consumable by the development team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong minded and strong willed with a tenacity to deliver high value and innovative business products
The 'nice to haves'
- A related Scrum certification
- Experience in working in an international virtual team
- Experience of working in the energy industry would be considered an advantage
- Experience of working with customer service teams would be considered an advantage
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mindset is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
We recently launched First Forward, our online guide to development opportunities with information on available apprenticeships, career pathways and our mentoring scheme; helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
Closing date: Sunday 30th September