||Save the Children
||£35,000 - £40,000
||Save the Children
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as a QA Analyst, to assist in the delivery of quality code across all Save the Children’s projects. As a QA Analyst, you will liaise with technical and non-technical team members to deliver to the needs of the business.
Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As a QA Analyst you will play a vital role in our Quality Assurance team. We’re looking for a highly motivated, methodical candidate who has excellent communication skills, is passionate about quality, possesses excellent attention to detail and who has solid experience in testing web and server-side applications.
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Carrying out testing activities to Save the Children’s internal testing standards.
• Helping to assure code quality throughout the development lifecycle.
• Identifying test scenarios for team outputs and produce appropriate test scripts.
• Ensuring that test findings are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and team members.
• Performing functional, acceptance and cross-browser testing.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan time effectively to meet deadlines.
• Enthusiastic, motivated and collaborative team player.
• Able to take initiative and independently work on tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High attention to detail.
These technical skills will also be required:
• Knowledge of common technologies such as web applications, databases, APIs, etc.
• Ability to query relational databases using SQL.
• Experience with test management tools, such as Zephyr.
• Knowledge of the software testing lifecycle, testing processes and techniques.
• Experience of API testing, using tools such as Postman, SOAPUI.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 16th September 2018