Project Manager - Initial 6 months contract
5th September 2018
£350 - £400
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for an experienced, delivery focused Project Manager to join our team working on various client projects for an initial 6 months contract. You will have extensive experience of delivering major software and infrastructure projects, and strong change management experience. You will have first class client interaction skills and a genuine ability to drive tasks forward to meet demanding deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to embark on a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
In summary, you will be responsible for:
* Managing the delivery of projects to time, budget, quality and scope
* Developing customer relationships at a senior level and supporting account development
* Managing the project team to the appropriate waterfall or agile lifecycle
* Identification of process and efficiency improvements
Essential Technical Experience
* The ability to inspire and lead a team to deliver outstanding results
* Experience of managing high profile projects, in more than one company, across a range of business sectors
* A proven track record in delivering projects of varying scale and complexity within challenging timescales and budgets
* Led software delivery projects through the full project lifecycle
* A broad technical awareness of both software and infrastructure technologies as well as various methodologies
* Extensive experience of managing teams of various sizes through the full project life-cycle
* The ability to creatively plan to meet outside constraints with a high level of experience of MS Project
* Experience of organising and managing all the usual controls (cost, resource, risks, issues, quality, scope, plans, stakeholders, comms.)
* Strong third party supplier management experience
* Strong customer relationship management experience
* Ability to deal successfully with staff at all levels within an organisation with good diplomacy and negotiating skills
* A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location and to undertake work at client sites as and when required
* A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines whilst maintaining good team spirit
* Have led teams of consultants in delivering paper deliverables e.g. business cases, reviews, RFP process, etc.
* Ability to move into different organisations and utilise appropriate methods to integrate internal client IT staff on projects
Desirable Skills / Experience
* Ideally you will have Identity and Access Management skills
* Agile /Scrum certified
This is an initial 6 months contract where you can be based at either or London or Wakefield office. Expenses to locations offsite will be covered.