Information Security Architect
||The Riverside Group
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Information Security Architect based near Liverpool Airport, working 35 hours per week. This role is eligible for flexi-time working.
You will have the opportunity to be part of an organisation that does truly great things for people around the UK. Our Information Security department plays a key role in the IT and Change function and will continue to be invaluable at a time when ‘We R Transforming’. Riverside is undergoing transformation, which brings exciting opportunities for our people as well as the chance to grow and build upon our success.
You will provide strategic security capability for the Group, including collaborating with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain the Information/IT Security Programme, ensuring information assets and operations are secured effectively. Additionally, you will identify, evaluate and report on information security risks, threats and vulnerabilities including identifying strategies to meet compliance with ISO 27001, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) as well as customer and regulatory requirements.
What will you do day-to-day?
Key accountabilities for this role will include:
• Contributing to Group projects, including working closely with Solutions and Enterprise Architects, ensuring security is in the design across all domains and implementing Secure by Design principles where appropriate.
• Providing industry knowledge, expertise and leading edge technology thinking to senior stakeholders, including Executive Directors, on behalf of assigned business domains in order to influence the Group’s future technology investments, including multi million pound Capital budget spend.
• Contributing to requirement gathering for bid work, providing security architecture expertise to ensure compliance with security standards.
• Identifying, analysing and acting as decision maker for high-level IT Security solutions across the Group, ensuring cost effectiveness and assurance and the ongoing influencing of the Group’s IT strategy and roadmap.
• Providing recommendations on security improvement strategies to existing application, data and infrastructure architectures in area(s) of expertise, to ensure continuous improvement and maximise technologies for the Group.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to engage suitably experienced individuals with a certification in an IT Security Architecture related subject. You will have a proven track record of successfully delivering IT security solutions across multiple domains and expertise in IT security architecture across multiple technologies. You should be able to demonstrate that you have broad knowledge of security threats, vulnerabilities and controls and the ability to develop and maintain your personal IT security architectural knowledge, skills and abilities. You will have experience of delivering IT roadmaps on time with security features for specific business or technology areas for a large organisation. You will be an excellent stakeholder manager who is comfortable acting in an ever improving security culture, adapting quickly and responding promptly to security projects embedded within multiple on-going business projects. You will have experience of working with multiple delivery techniques, including traditional structured (waterfall) Agile, TOGAF (The open group architecture Framework) and COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology).
What will we offer you in return for your hard work?
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer you access to ongoing development opportunities and a range of excellent benefits, which include 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, eligibility for flexi-time working (13 additional days of leave can be earnt annually), enhanced pension scheme and childcare vouchers through our Riverside Rewards scheme, which includes access to high street and online savings.
Riverside offers you a salary of £60,468 per annum and also offers its employees a 10% salary increase after 12 months’ service, dependent on performance.
If you’re thinking of joining us, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Please apply online via the 'Apply' button.
Who are Riverside?
Riverside is one the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 150+ local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 90,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families with the overall aim of transforming lives and revitalising neighbourhoods.