Web UI Developer
||£28,500 - £35,000
What it’s about
Cambridge Assessment is currently working on creating a best in class authoring application with a great user interface and user experience. We are looking for an experienced Web UI Developer to join our growing team who support and enhance our ground-breaking platform for producing assessment materials.
What you’ll be doing
As one of our Web UI Developers you will:
• Turn business feature requirements into solutions
• Consider supportability and maintainability when designing
• Adhere to team standards, web standards and best practices
• Analyse the impact of changes on existing code
• Estimate, implement, and developer-test features
• Report progress regularly
• Report issues that affect successful delivery immediately
• Communicate both technical and business concepts and enjoy sharing knowledge
• Solve problems and troubleshoot issues whilst under pressure
• Work independently but also within a multi-disciplinary delivery team
• Be passionate about learning, and implementing, new technology
• Work with the business units and technology teams
• Practice continuous improvement
What we’re looking for
The following skills and experience are an advantage for this role:
• UI design frameworks - ideally Bootstrap
• Understanding of UI/UX design principles and best practices
• Ability to implement user interfaces with an intuitive user experience
• Experience of consuming RESTful APIs
• Writing unit tests for user interface
• Expertise troubleshooting UI issues
• Experience of continuous integration
• Experience working in an agile team
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23 September 2018 and interviews will be held in the following week.
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter by clicking the APPLY button.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER