Skype for Business Project Manager (Flexible Location)
Reporting to: Head of Projects
Modality Systems is an award-winning technology company specializing in Microsoft Unified Communications technologies and part of the PGi Group. We have successfully delivered advanced solutions and desired business outcomes to a broad portfolio of clients.
Modality’s strengths lie in its market leading technical expertise alloyed with its deep understanding of UC projects, pitfalls and business adoption.
As part of its continued growth, Modality is seeking to strengthen its Project Management function through the recruitment of an experienced and skilled Project Manager.
The successful candidate will join Modality’s Project Management practice and be responsible for the management of client engagements from planning, through delivery to closure/support transition. From time to time, they will also be asked to manage internal Modality change projects.
The role requires a confident, experienced and self-starting individual who is comfortable working with a broad range of clients at all organisational levels.
Able to work with minimal supervision, the successful candidate will have the experience and confidence to be able to advise clients in relation to project planning and delivery approach and challenge/suggest improvements to internal Modality processes and practice.
Central to the role will be the contribution to/review of Statements of Work, project planning (inc the delivery of project plans which meet client needs) and on-going project tracking/reporting/issue management. The successful candidate will also need to be flexible in relation to business travel.
Strong client relationships are paramount and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of maturity and commercial acumen. Communications and documentation must be authoritative, precise and credible and the successful candidate will be flexible and responsive to issues yet attuned to the agreed scope of work and Modality’s interests.
• Minimum 5 years IT-based PM experience with complex, multi-site projects
• Experience of UC products and implementations, especially MS Skype for Business/MS Lync
• Experience in a challenging, deadline and deliverable-oriented environment
• Experience of structured project methodologies (don’t expect a PRINCE2 disciple but understanding of concepts and ability to selectively apply appropriate tools/techniques)
• Ability - confident, credible and authoritative demeanour - to ‘shape’ a project and influence customers and stakeholders
• Experience of implementing change - technical and business - and understanding and executing/advising on best practice and governance/controls appropriate to the circumstances
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills….a good ‘diplomat’ and relationship builder
• Experience managing budgets and of commercial negotiations
• Commercial acumen but balanced with strong customer focus and empathy
• Experience dealing with customers and business stakeholders, at all levels
• Ability to manage more than one project at a time
• Experience working in a consultancy environment
• Knowledge of MS Project
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!