Digital Strategy and Propositions Lead (EMEA)
||1st September 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The job holder has broad responsibility for leading at a senior level strategic development of digital propositions and the overall client channel digital strategy for the EMEA region.
In this important position, the job holder will provide leadership of the Digital Strategy practice for the EMEA region: The Digital Strategy practice:
1. Articulates (both initially and on an on-going basis) the client channel digital strategy for the group; devises and runs global governance to feed into that strategy and obtains necessary approvals
2. Works with business owners to co-create and devise original pieces of digital work to achieve strategic objectives
3. Prioritises digital work and defines KPIs, as well as agrees and puts in place measurement tools; reports and reflects upon effectiveness
4. Runs discovery processes for major new initiatives or significant improvements to existing digital properties to obtain a higher level of coherence prior to delivery
5. Identifies opportunities for efficiencies across the business by recognising and addressing duplicated tactical effort, combining where appropriate for a more strategic approach
6. Provides light-touch assistance and guidance during delivery to both Digital- and Business-side stakeholders to ensure strategic objectives are being met
7. Monitors for opportunities within the Digital Distribution landscape; devises and champions propositions and guides the retail distribution technology strategy on a global basis
The role involves working closely with colleagues in digital across strategy, innovation, delivery, technology and enablement, as well business stakeholders in distribution, product and marketing. Key Responsibilities:
• Provide considerable input into the design and implementation of EMEA Digital strategy, which should be aligned with the global strategic direction and incorporate the digital requirements of the regional business, as articulated by stakeholders from distribution, marketing, product and elsewhere.
• Provide hands-on leadership in the execution of EMEA Digital strategy, including both local-market representations of inherited centralised initiatives and local, home-grown propositions
• Identify - and scrutinise for viability - opportunities to devise, develop and deploy new digital consumer propositions in the EMEA region, both distribution-led and marketing-led.
• Closely shadow delivery function in the execution of agreed opportunities and provide internal and external advocacy where appropriate.
• Lead and manage other digital-related business initiatives and project pipeline. Engage stakeholders and work with relevant partners to execute.
• Champion region-wide commitment to digital transformation.
• Connect digital investments to enterprise KPIs / metrics and targets to measure additional business opportunities / results from positive digital transformation.
• Build a close working relationship with, and provide support to, the senior regional marketing team in delivering against EMEA digital marketing plans, ensuring the business priorities of the region are understood and supported. Candidate Specification:
• A strategic thinker with a focus on digital initiatives in line with the business’ strategy and direction.
• Strong ability in conceptualising new innovative ideas, and knows how to navigate complex environments for results.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Extensive experience in managing both significant business and/or technology change projects across functional and geographical boundaries.
• Willing to take key decisions that may have a significant financial and/or operational impact on Schroders. Previous solutions may not always be available. Situations may be complex, involved and with considerable grey areas.
• Must communicate at a highly advanced level with stakeholders in the organisation. This includes the ability to sell ideas and concepts to the highest levels within the organisation and drive them