Linux Systems Administrator
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
29th August 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You will be a Linux and Solaris guru with the ability to solve difficult RHEL problems.
Skills and experience required:
* Expert Linux knowledge - with advanced RHEL 7 administration experience including integration with a Windows ecosystem. Experience with Atomic would be advantageous.
* Hands-on experience of Red Hat Satellite 6 package and patch management, preferably with experience of setting up and managing automated repeatable builds on VMWare compute resource. Ability to debug issues with Satellite 6 or subscription manager.
* Solid knowledge of networking - including a thorough understanding of routing, switching and firewalls in a virtual environment using SDN. Able to diagnose application network issues, from (virtual) layer 2 connectivity up to application level problems.
* Experience of automation using Ansible, Puppet, Bash and Hammer. Working knowledge of Gitlab and Artifactory. Familiarity with Jenkins and Python would also be useful.
* Familiarity with Docker, including Docker registry management. Openshift or Kubernetes experience would be a plus.
* Familiarity with EFK stack, Prometheus and Xymon would be beneficial.
* Good understanding of security threats and mitigation, including securing a containerised environment.
* Experience of working in an agile team using Scrum or Kanban
* Ability to produce clear technical documentation for support teams.
* RHEL 7 System Administration
* Solaris 8 onwards to 11
* Solaris Zone administration
* Docker administration
* Red Hat Satellite 6 management
* Networking - Layer 2 / Layer 3 / DNS
* Strong ZFS, DTrace skills, LDAP, SSL
* NGINX, Tomcat, Apache
* Postgres support
* Automation, IAC
* Ansible & Bash
* Gitlab & Artifactory
* Jenkins DSL & Pipeline administration
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.