Software Developer - Java
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software Development Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test new micro-service applications.
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge.
- Build applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice.
- Extensive system development knowledge with Java, JMS
- Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Team City, Gradle.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Applied knowledge of software engineer standard methodology and multiple software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and solid principles.
- Applied knowledge of the principles of Test Driven Development and the benefits that are realised.
- Applied knowledge of principles of Business Driven Development and the benefits that are realised.
- In-depth experience of working with APIs (REST etc.)
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.