Project Manager - Financial Services
||£450 - £550
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Project Manager - Financial Services
Duration: 2 - 3 Months
Location: Milton Keynes
The role of Project Manager sits within the Business Portfolio team in Business Transformation and is responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of projects of various sizes that support the company in achieving business objectives.
You will have overall responsibility for project estimating, budgeting, resource allocation and management of a matrix organisation, financial management, risk and issue management, monitoring and control of delivery and quality management.
* Plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects ensuring adherence to the clients UK's Delivery Framework, processes and tools.
* Manage projects using both waterfall and agile development methodologies.
* Manage project performance within agreed financial, time and quality tolerances.
* Manage the development of a robust business case including detailed costs, expected business benefits and return on investment.
* Develop a benefits realisation plan and ensure business acceptance of stated plan with support from the Business Transition Management team.
* Secure appropriate resource from the Business, Business Transformation and IT to successfully deliver the project on time and within budget.
* Define roles and responsibilities for all project team members upon commencement and ensure they are agreed and communicated.
* Matrix management of all assigned project resources.
* Manage project scope, identify, and submit change control requests as appropriate.
* Mange project dependencies and interdependencies between projects.
* Develop and maintain accurate project plans and provide regular status updates throughout the project lifecycle.
* Develop close working relationships and manage stakeholders across the business and IT.
* Ensure that risks and issues are identified and mitigation's implemented effectively, escalating matters where appropriate.
* Manage the selection of third parties suppliers in consultation with the virtual supplier relationship team comprised of representatives from each relevant IT and Business Transformation team, e.g. Development, Testing, Business Analysis etc.
* Prepare and deliver project updates at Steering Committee and Board level.
* Work with the business, IT Development, Test and Assurance and the IT Services team to identify and support the implementation of appropriate operating models and delivery approaches to facilitate delivery at pace.
* Ensure appropriate delivery team support is allocated and that all project resources operate as an integrated whole.
* Ensure all project deliverables and work packages are fit for purpose, of high quality and produced within agreed timelines and budgets and approved ahead of stage review milestones.
* Ensure that 'Acceptance into Service' criteria for IT enabled projects are agreed and ensure the project team, the business and IT and understand their responsibilities.
* Build engagement with and manage business champions and project sponsors.
* Build effective and productive working relationships with third party suppliers through robust supplier management.
* Project reporting; status, financial, resource and risks in accordance with project governance
* Manage, motivate and coach the team allocated to your project/s.
* Provide objective feedback at all stages of the project lifecycle and conduct project performance reviews at completion for all assigned project resources, making recommendations for further development where appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Experienced Project Manager with the capability to run multiple projects concurrently.
* Qualification in PRINCE2 to at least Practitioner, or other structured project management methodology/framework.
* Experience of running projects using Waterfall and Agile based development methodologies.
* Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers during the project lifecycle.
* Experience of developing robust and compelling business cases for projects.
* Awareness of requirements for operating within the regulatory and compliance landscape relevant to the Financial Services sector.
* Proven leadership skills in building, developing and retaining high performing project teams, including providing coaching and feedback.
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to influence decision-makers (to Director / Board level).
* Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments in ways that are accessible to everyone.
* A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered.
* High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment.
* A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
* Educated in Business discipline or Computer Science to degree level, or equivalent experience.
* Exposure to Programme Management.
* Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C).
* Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous.
If you have the above skills please submit your CV in the first instance.