IT Support Technician
24th August 2018
£17000 - £21000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Premier Edinburgh IT Support company is looking for a solid 1st line support person to join their highly successful Managed Service team.
They offer everything from initial advice on purchases through to system installation and training; a full helpdesk service, disaster recovery, web hosting, cabling, security services and much more. This company over a complete one-stop shop for all IT requirements for small to medium enterprises.
They have a role for an exciting opportunity for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join their professional and friendly team based in their Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will offer remote support to clients for their IT systems.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Remote support for desktops, cloud services and server functions
- Clearing the support board and ensuring tickets are updated
- Liaising with clients and updating them on the progress of their support ticket
- Working with Internet providers and third parties to ensure client service
- Background maintenance of client systems to ensure optimum performance
- Building new desktops and laptops to client specific requirements
Working with the following environments:
- Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Server operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange & Microsoft SQL Application Servers
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory
- VMware and Hyper-V virtual hypervisors
- Mac OSX operating systems
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the role:
- Experienced IT Professional
- Keen interest in IT
- Microsoft product & system knowledge and experience is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and able to work on own initiative
- IT related qualifications are advantageous
- Experience/knowledge of Apple products and systems would be advantageous
- Experience in coding and script writing desireable
This role will also involve a degree of infrastructure management on behalf of our client base, looking after key networking equipment and off-site backups.
Salary will be dependent upon experience and technical ability. Ideally, this would suit a seasoned 1st Line Support person with 2 years or more solid experience looking to prove themselves in a demanding role that offers excellent advancement opportunities.