Hardware Engineer - EGIS
24th August 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Hardware Engineer - EGIS - Permanent - Dorset- Up to £50,000 per annum
As an Hardware Engineer - EGIS, you will be undertaking a defined range of hardware engineering activities associated with the development and support of systems
This role will provide you with good opportunity to work together in a team and work on different projects at once.
* Developing design specifications, under guidance and carrying out design activities, in line with specifications and all quality & technical standards
* Supporting build, assembly and installation of consoles & cabinets containing COTS equipment to authorised design & installation specifications
* Conducting hardware related test & acceptance activities and produce material in support of Product Safety & Design Certification activities
* Carrying out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements
* Contributing to process improvement within the operational and/or engineering team to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation
* Diagnosing and rectification of issues arising on equipment onsite
Skills / Experience:
* Knowledge and experience in equipment design and development using COTS hardware and PC technology, including networking technology; utilising both Ethernet and serial interfaces
* Significant experience with COTS cabinets, cabinet design, wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
* Strong diagnostic skills, including physical, electrical and integration areas. You will have the ability to manage complex issues, balancing the needs and priorities of each project against the others. You will be able to analyse complex problems and identify solutions.
* You will have strong budget and time management skills.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.