Facilities Project Manager
||£30 - £35
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Purpose of Role: Project Manager able to lead Facility Development/Major Maintenance projects including infrastructure, building and utility service area projects of limited complexity or assist in managing complex projects. Also may lead small groups of non-complex projects.
Principal areas of accountability:
* Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
* Delivery of project to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project , defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the company Business Management System;
* Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss); agree plans with the Sponsor and submit/present regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
* Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
* Leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology;
* Commitment to and the ongoing monitoring of programme baseline (cost / schedule / risk)
* Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders;
* Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the project and identifying external dependencies on other projects, resource or environments
* Effectively managing the resources within the delivery organisation
* Provide a point of escalation for project team members
* Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes
Quality Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Develop and communicate Quality KPIs and dashboards
* Drive Quality Improvements based on analysis of trends etc.
* Responsible for ensuring that Company Quality standards are achieved or exceed on the Project;
* Responsible for ensuring that the contracted QA / QC requirements are adhered to at all stages in the project, leading to an efficient handover and sign off by the client;
* Responsible for ensuring that all contract required Quality standards are embedded within the Project and that the product, as delivered to the customer, is fully compliant with all contract, requirements.
* Responsible for working with the business unit functional departments to identify and deliver improvements in quality, schedule and cost within the project.
* Identification of Lessons learned back into the business
* Actively seek feedback on performance and identifies opportunities to improve customer care within own role and/or team.
Financial Awareness and Management
* Responsible for achieving or exceeding the budgeted performance on all contracts in respect of revenue, margin and cash flow;
* Responsibility for ensuring that projects operate on a neutral or positive cash flow basis.
Key Outputs/Deliverables : Business Unit
* Project Execution Plan
* Project Gate Reviews
* Project Baseline packs
* Weekly/ Monthly Project Progress Reports
* Monthly project reports accurately reflecting the project status in terms of HSSE, Quality, Schedule and Cost;
* Project Sign Off Sheets
* Customer Satisfaction reports
* Formal minutes/actions from key meetings
* Project Close out reports
Key Leadership/Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
* Able to lead and implement change, and consider the impact of change
* A customer focused approach with a track record of delivering high quality customer service to a diverse mix of stakeholders
* Leads by example and acts with integrity, recognises and acknowledges the behaviours and achievements of the team or individuals
* Provide management and support to ensure targets are met and individual performance is developed
* Provide coaching, mentoring and auditing to ensure understanding of the governance process, infrastructure and systems.
* Build appropriate relationships
* Proactively influence and motivate teams
Company/ Industry Knowledge:
* Significant knowledge of legislation, planning guidelines and industry best practice relating to Facility Development/Major Maintenance projects.
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc.)
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
* Good working knowledge of large industrial sites, in relation to infrastructure, building and utility services.
* A minimum of five years in a Facilities sector Project Management position;
* Member of a professional body such as BIFM, RICS, CIBSE or other relevant professional body;
* IOSH qualification or equivalent;
* Ideally a bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
* A postgraduate qualification is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body;
* Ideally APM qualified preferably to Registered Project Professional (RPP);