Senior Java Developer - Contract
21st August 2018
£400 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join a multi-skilled SCRUM team on our client site, tasked with maintaining a wide range of existing systems and re-architecting and migrating legacy applications to the AWS platform. This is an Agile environment. The contract is initially 6 months and is to start ASAP.
What will I be doing?
* Develop software solutions, primarily in Java, Python, PL(SQL)
* Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code for the AWS platform (specifically in Cloudformation)
* Work collaboratively with all delivery teams to transition changes to appropriate environments
* Coach and mentor other engineers
To be successful within this contract, you will need to have the following skills / experience:
* Demonstrable experience of developing enterprise solutions in Java or Python
* Demonstrable experience of developing applications on the AWS platform, including writing Cloudformation
* Ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically and professionally with a range of customers and colleagues and to work effectively as part of a team.
* Experience with Agile development processes.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
* Familiar with developing microservices and microservice architectures
* Familiar with 'cloud native' application design and development (esp. AWS)
* Experience developing serverless applications (AWS lambda, step functions, api gateway, etc)
* Demonstrable knowledge of IT security principles