||HSBC Bank Plc
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role Software Engineer.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
* Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of Test-driven development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) techniques
* Use the latest User Interface (UI)/Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
* Promote a DevOps culture, look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
* Be able to demonstrate you can lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams of Engineers
* Be able to deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
Technical Skills (Web Development)
Be familiar with all and expert in some of the following:
* Building 'mobile first', responsive, adaptive single page applications - expert
* Solid awareness of cross-browser/device and cross platform development - expert
* Standards compliant HTML5, CSS3, ES6 - expert
* Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Nefix OSS - be familiar
* Node.js, React, Redux, Yarn, Babel, PM2 - expert
* Mocha, Chai, Jest - be familiar
* Test automation development utilising - Selenium, Junit, Wiremock - be familiar
* Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications - expert
Have an expert knowledge about the Tools / Methodologies
* CI/CD - tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus
* Agile Toling - Jira, Confluence, Slack
* Application Monitoring - Splunk, AppDynamics
* Spring Boot and Tomcat
* PaaS/IaaS -Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mule API gateway
* DevOps processes and experience
* Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
* Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
* A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
* Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
* Contribute productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
* Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
* Support project teams/managers, showing an understanding of the basic principles of project management
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 0000AZ9I.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.