Senior Innovation Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment. Within Digital, the Innovation Practice's mission is to enable us to be more innovative and forward thinking, and through this remain a leader in our industry. Internally, we create the environment and opportunities for innovation to take root, and externally engage with innovative companies who can accelerate delivery of our corporate strategy.
It is intended that through the identification of state-of-the-art technology and best practice techniques, Schroders will achieve its ambition to be a Digital Leader for the investment management industry. We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The Innovation and Fintech Analyst sits within the Innovation Practice, supporting both external and internal initiatives and ongoing work. The practice is relatively new and still evolving, with a recently defined strategy and ambitious programme for 2018, supporting all areas of Schroders globally and driving the innovation agenda for the organisation. Much of the practice's work requires close collaboration with different areas across the organisation and with external companies. Some initiatives are new to Schroders (and potentially to the asset management industry) and therefore the role demands initiative and the ability to navigate ambiguity to achieve target outcomes.
Personal attributes desired for a successful applicant for this role include:
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
• A personal interest in technology and innovation in financial services is essential Key Responsibilities:
The internally-focused duties of this role are:
• Organising and assisting with the running of the bi-annual Hackathons
• Maintaining the Innovation Practice collateral (e.g. SharePoint page) to ensure it remains up-to-date and informative regarding innovation initiatives and delivery
• Supporting the development of knowledge / educational initiatives internal to Schroders, such as the Digital Learning Programme and Code Academy
• Organising and facilitating internal innovation events on a regular basis (e.g. senior leadership events, Innovation Day, Innovation Club, working groups) to enable innovation growth within Schroders, or external events (e.g. conference sponsorship) to promote Schroders as a thought leader
• Assisting with project administration for the virtual innovation lab including idea assessment, implementation and project planning
• Ensuring the commercial results of our innovation programme are clearly delivered to the business through business effectiveness/KPI reporting activity
• Supporting and documenting meetings with business leaders across functions to understand strategic priorities and challenges Externally-focused responsibilities are:
• Conducting research based on Schroders priority areas and challenges, to build a view of the innovation landscape and communicate to stakeholders
• Scouting for startups and collating information and feedback to ensure our database / tracker remains accurate
• Understanding the likely impacts of emerging products/tools as well as services on the market and how we can leverage them
• Brokering introductions to appropriate stakeholders within Schroders for relevant identified startups
• Attending events (e.g. demo days and conferences) to keep informed of new and emerging technologies within and beyond the asset management industry
• Supporting the design and implementation of pilots / Proof of Concepts to validate startup propositions
• Supporting corporate development activity, including scrutinising investment opportunities against strategic objectives General and Technical Skills:
• Strong project management and organisational abilities
• Strong communication skills
• Teamwork (including working with global colleagues remotely and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.)
• Stakeholder management
• Minimum intermediate level Microsoft office
• Good attention to detail
• Preference for a financial background but not essential
• Comfortable dealing with senior-level individuals and external stakeholders
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.