Graduate / Junior Developer
||Lorax Compliance Ltd.
||£22,000 - £28,000
You are a recent graduate, apprentice or someone with a few years’ experience in software development looking for your first software engineering role or to develop your ability and knowledge to the next level. You have a passion for software engineering and a desire to learn what it means to be at the forefront of modern software development. You should relish the chance to work with the latest cloud and serverless technologies and be up for the challenge of learning the ins and outs of an existing application. You should have an understanding that progression takes hard work but a strong desire to advance your proficiency. You have an environmental conscience and want to work for a like-minded ethical company with an easy-going atmosphere.
Who are we
Lorax Compliance Ltd is an environmental technology company based in Rugby, Warwickshire. Founded in 2014, our vision is to provide the finest technology and expertise within the scope of international Stewardship and Extended Producer Responsibility for companies with an environmental conscience.
The companies we work with are obligated under the Extended Producer Responsibility regulations, which make them responsible for the waste they create; this covers the products they produce (electronic, batteries, textiles, tyres), the packaging they supply it in and the supply-chain they purchase it from.
The regulations we handle are worldwide; we have an international presence both in reporting scope and customers.
What we offer
A competitive salary, profit linked bonus, the opportunity to request flexible working hours and remote or home based working days alongside a benefits package which includes a cycle-to-work scheme, free fruit & cereal bars in the office and many opportunities for professional or personal growth
The purpose of the Graduate / Junior Developer role is to support the development of our world class cloud based environmental software which provides environmental submissions and solutions to our international customers. You will join our expanding development team and be involved in a wide range of configuration and development projects from the start.
• Completion of development tasks through Scrum Agile methodology
• Software and systems testing
• Analysis of functional requirements documentation
• Configuration of software components in SQL and XML
• Configuration of customer systems
• Customer data analysis and reporting
• Contribute to daily scrums and sprint planning
• Knowledge of SQL Server and T-SQL
• Familiarity with OOP and C# (.NET, .NET Core, MVC, WCF, Windows services) and the Microsoft .NET IDE
• Keen interest and an understanding of cloud-based technologies (Amazon Web Services)
• Industry curiosity and motivated to learn new skills and technologies
• Ability to problem-solve with a creative approach to using technical solutions
• Good eye for design and an attention to detail
• Exam tested mathematical ability (high A-Level or equivalent)
• Permission to work in the UK, by the start of employment
• Experience in a software development role
• Knowledge or experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge or experience in business process management and/or workflow process management
• An interest in developing environmental regulations and technologies
• UK driving licence
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
If this sounds like you, click APPLY now!