Senior .NET Developer
||31st July 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Looking for something unique? So are we. Here at Harvey Nichols we are daring to be different at every step and that’s exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior .NET Developer to join our IT team. As a Senior Developer you will support and develop the current HN core systems implementation in line with business needs. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Multichannel teams to resolve issues and deliver new functionality. Innovation is essential, as making key recommendations and implementing best practice design patterns are part of the role.
What you will be doing
- Work with the product management team to support current and future developments, ensuring new features are delivered on time and on budget
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in web and ecommerce software, continuously evaluating opportunities to bring in new technologies to push the business forward
- Influence our digital framework by instilling and promoting best practices, such as coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, documentation, testing and agile methodologies
- Work as part of the scrum team to translate user stories into functional designs and provide accurate estimates to the product owner
- Have a good understanding of the integrations with our e-commerce platform, collaborating with the wider digital development team when required
- Work closely with QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to, including CI, DVCS and release management
- Providing training to users of any new or existing systems and working with them to ensure they are able to fully utilize the functionality available to them
Skills and experience you need
- You have a previous experience on an ecommerce application
- You have an extensive knowledge and experience of WCF & Windows Service
- You have experience working with MVC (Model View Controller), Angular and WCF
- You have an excellent communication
- You have an excellent work ethic and ability to multitask
- You are a positive and friendly person
- You have a can-do attitude
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs - from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same
All your hard work, rewarded
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
- A unique Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
- Practically free London travel card for zones 1 - 6
- Vouchers or schemes that fit your world from childcare to bike to work
- Charity day to support your good cause
- Seasonal staff parties and team days
- Study support for those who want to expand their qualifications
Where do I sign?
If you are already thinking of what you will wear on your first day then click to apply
The process from here is simple;
One of our specialist recruiters will review your application and if suitable ask you a couple of questions.
If our expectations match you will be invited to meet the Hiring Manager for an informal, competency based interview.
If successful you will then be asked to do a Task and to meet the Head of Technology and Innovation
Throughout the process you will have access to the recruiter who is on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to speaking with you.