Application Support Analyst
||Saunderson House Limited
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Key Purpose of Role
- Manage the day-to-day contract activities and vendor relationships for all relevant applications used by the business.
- Manage upgrade schedules, testing, training and adoption of changes to relevant systems.
- Be the IT Technical Application Subject Matter Expert and ensure efficient deployment within business.
- Provide end-user support for relevant applications, including how to guidance and relevant communications.
- Manage the incidents and issues process, including categorisation and escalation.
- Participate in key change initiatives providing IT Technical Application Subject Matter Expert input and coordinating required changes / developments with relevant vendors as necessary.
Client Service Delivery & Support (Value - Make it Happen)
- To provide support across the assigned application estate and associated platforms and coordinate with internal teams and third parties as necessary.
- Maintain and develop effective processes and procedures for managing the application estate, including KPIs.
- To take ownership for the resolution of incident, problem and service requests. Ensure users are regularly updated on current status activities performed.
IT Services & Change Implementation (Value - Thinking with Purpose)
- Work within an ITIL framework to drive continuous improvements to service and support quality and ensuring agreed vendor and internal SLAs are adhered to.
- To research problems thoroughly, test and implement solutions, and make recommendations to management and stakeholders
Working as a Team (Value - Working Together)
- To work within project teams helping to ensure the successful delivery of change as it relates to the application estate.
- To be the IT representative for the application estate across the business. Act as an application escalation point and ambassador across IT and the wider business.
Application Management & Documentation (Value - Thinking with Purpose)
- To appropriately manage vendor agreements to deliver effective support and ongoing business relationships.
- To maintain and develop the application estate knowledge base.
- To develop effective support documentation to support users of the application estate.
- To manage and undertake application testing and release processes including the drafting of appropriate release, knowledge and testing documentation.
- To maintain the application estate in a stable, performant and secure manner.
Conduct (Value - Be the Difference)
- To be a brand ambassador for Saunderson House and actively promote all services, our values and behaviours to ensure good client outcomes and meet our conduct responsibilities.
- To ensure technical knowledge is up to date and shared with the team as appropriate.
- To ensure that any CPD requirement is met (if appropriate).
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge of supporting application technology and its underpinning configuration at varying levels of complexity and business criticality.
- Ideally 3 years+ previous experience within the financial services sector, preferably within a wealth, investment, discretionary or advisory firm.
- Understanding and experience of both on premise and cloud/SaaS based application environments.
- Wealth Management, Portfolio Management, Client Relationship Management, Microsoft Office and SAP application experience highly preferable.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Methodical and structured approach to tasks and activities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build, maintain and develop constructive relationships across IT, the business and with vendors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Remain calm under pressure and delivery focused with the ability to prioritise activities.
- Flexible team player within a small, multi-disciplinary team.
- Possesses drive, demonstrable initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Professional attitude and presentation.
- Highly adaptable and flexible. Ability to adjust quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
Working at Saunderson House
Some of the attractions of working at Saunderson House are:
- Small progressive company
- Flexible and autonomous approach to working
- Friendly, professional and inclusive working environment
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus and excellent benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
Saunderson House is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
How to Apply
To apply email your CV and a covering letter - click the APPLY button.
Saunderson House Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is an equal opportunities employer.